Nothing beats having a cup of tea with some ‘homemade’ cookies. I always have a packet of red velvet cake mix in my kitchen cupboard. While my hubby and son play with their PS4 (they seem to be hooked to it!), I decided to indulge myself with some chocolate chip cookies. It’s small treats like these that elevates my day from ordinary to extraordinary 😍
- Red velvet cake mix – 250g
- Egg – 1
- Coconut oil – less than 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit.
- Firstly, combine the cake mix with chocolate chips.
- Then, mix the egg with coconut oil.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.
- You can also just use your bare hands. Mix until it forms a big red ball.
- Form it into small balls and press it slightly to flatten it a bit. Then arrange those gloriously red beauties on to a lined baking pan.
- Bake it in the oven for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave it on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. It’s ok if the cookies come out soft as they harden once cooled.
Here’s to a blessed and fabulous weekend!!
ASL (patiently waiting for March 2018) 😘