In my opinion, this is by far the best tasting bread I’ve made so far. My favourite. The house smells heavenly whenever I make this bread.
- Water – 280 ml (room temperature)
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rye flour – 110 g
- High protein bread flour – 280 g
- Almond milk powder – 2 tbsp. You can use any milk powder available.
- Instant yeast – 1.5 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 0.5 tbsp
- Dried cranberries – 90 g
- Place all the ingredients except the cinnamon powder and dried cranberries in the bread machine pan according to the order recommended by the manufacturer. If using a Tesco bread maker, place the ingredients 1 – 8 according to the order given above. Make a small indentation/ hole in the flour before placing the yeast in. This is to ensure the yeast doesn’t mix with the salt.
- Select the ‘Basic’ programme, 1.5lb loaf size and ‘medium’ crust.
- Press ‘start’.
- After quite sometime, the machine will beep. You can add additional ingredients such as herbs, cheese, garlic, etc. In this case, open the lid and place the cinnamon powder and dried cranberries in the bread machine.
- Once the loaf is done, remove the pan from the machine using oven mitts. Use a non stick spatula to gently loosen the sides of the bread from the pan.
- Turn bread pan upside down onto a clean cutting board or rack and gently shake until the bread falls out.
- Cool the bread for at least 20 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
Enjoy it toasted with chunks of cold butter for breakfast. Or if you’re like me, have it for breakfast and tea time 🙂