My daughter loves this herb bread so much that she eats it dipped in coconut oil! This bread is best served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip.
- Water – 280 ml (room temperature)
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rye flour – 110 g
- High protein bread flour – 280 g
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp (Nestle Omega milk powder – 1 tbsp, almond milk powder- 1 tbsp). You can use any milk powder available.
- Instant yeast – 1.5 tsp
- Garlic – 2 or 3 cloves, chopped
- Dried rosemary – 0.5 tbsp
- Place all the ingredients except the garlic and rosemary in the bread machine pan according to the order recommended by the manufacturer. If using a Tesco bread maker, place the ingredients 1 – 8 according to the order given above. Make a small indentation/ hole in the flour before placing the yeast in. This is to ensure the yeast doesn’t mix with the salt.
- Select the ‘Basic’ programme, 1.5lb loaf size and ‘medium’ crust.
- Press ‘start’.
- After quite sometime, the machine will beep. You can add additional ingredients such as herbs, cheese, garlic, etc. In this case, open the lid and place the chopped garlic and dried rosemary in.
- Once the loaf is done, remove the pan from the machine using oven mitts. Use a non stick spatula to gently loosen the sides of the bread from the pan.
- Turn bread pan upside down onto a clean cutting board or rack and gently shake until the bread falls out.
- Cool the bread for at least 20 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.