Yeah, it is a healthy chocolate bread!
Bought myself a bread maker from Tesco last week and have been busy making sure that Gardenia doesn’t get my money anymore🤣. It’s so effortless and doesn’t require much cleaning up unlike the traditional method of making bread.
- Water – 280 ml (room temperature will do)
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rye flour – 110 g
- High protein bread flour – 280 g
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp (I used Nestle Omega milk powder)
- Instant yeast – 1.5 tsp
- Chocolate chips – 0.5 cup
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in the bread machine pan according to the order recommended by the manufacturer. If using a Tesco bread maker, place the ingredients 1 – 8 according to the order given above. Make a small indentation/ hole in the flour before placing the yeast in. This is to ensure the yeast doesn’t mix with the salt.
- Select the ‘Basic’ programme, 1.5lb loaf size and ‘medium’ crust.
- Press ‘start’.
- After quite sometime, the machine will beep. This is to prompt for additional ingredients such as herbs, cheese, garlic, etc. In this case, open the lid and place the chocolate chips in the pan. I just throw it in and close the lid as fast as I can.
- Sit back and relax as the bread maker does all the work!
- Once the loaf is done, remove the pan from the machine using oven mitts. Use a non stick spatula to gently loosen the sides of the bread from the pan.
- Turn bread pan upside down onto a clean cutting board or rack and gently shake until the bread falls out.
- Cool the bread for at least 20 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
Enjoy it just like that or toasted with chunks of hard cold butter on it. Yummy!!!